skip to content | Accessibility Information

Current Students

Manchester and Cheshire Student Hubs

The Student Hub can assist you with any administration queries you may have, it is everything you need in one place. The Hub at the Manchester campus and Cheshire campus are open Term Time from 8:30am until 6:30pm Monday – Thursday, and from 8:30am till 5:00pm on Friday. During vacation, the opening times are 8:45am until 4:30pm Monday – Friday. Please click here for further information.


Please click the links for further information on catering at Manchester Campus and Cheshire Campus.


Council Tax Exeption Form

Please click here to fill out the Council Tax Exeption Form.

Coursework Receipting Procedures

For details on how to submit your Assignments please click here and visit the MMU Coursework Receipting webpage. You will need your MMU ID login and password to access your individual submission sheets. The page includes a detailed guide, but if you have any queries regarding the procedure please contact the Student Hub at Brooks 0161 247 2020 or Cheshire 0161 247 5074.

Disclosure and Barring Certificate (DBS)

Many Faculty of Education courses require students and Trainees to have an enhanced DBS certificate before commencing the course. Please click here for details of how to obtain a DBS through MMU for the purposes of the course.

Exceptional Factors Affecting Performance Guidance

Please find below details of the University policy and procedures for submitting Exceptional Factors Affecting Performance. Forms should be submitted to the Student Hub. Please see Student Hub for opening times.

Please note written notification of the panel’s decision will be sent to your MMU student email account within 5 working days of the relevant panel meeting.

Financial Difficulties

If you are having, or anticipate having, any problems making fees payments, please get in touch with us sooner rather than later. We can help you put together a bespoke payment plan with our Finance Service Centre, and/or discuss the possibility of suspending your studies for one academic term, or a full academic year.

We would advise you to check out the financial implications before requesting a suspension as you may not be entitled to any fee reductions.

Failure to make a fees payment, or make alternative arrangements for payment, may result in your case being passed to the university’s Credit Control Team. Such action may result in sanctions being applied to your University account or in some cases a suspension of studies where no fees payment is forthcoming.

If you are in financial difficulties, you can also contact the Faculty’s Student Support Officer, as above, for general advice and guidance.

Further information can be found at:

Harvard Referencing

A referencing style is a set of rules that specify how to reference different sources of information eg books, articles, websites etc. More information on the MMU Harvard Referencing style can be found on the Library website, and support on referencing is available from your Student Support Officer.

Library Services

Please click the links for further information on libraries at Manchester Campus and Cheshire Campus.

Term Dates

Timetable Information

Induction and full year timetables are available online prior to the start of the Autumn term, following online enrolment, via MyMMU.


All students are automatically provided with transcripts of study following the Assessment Board meetings. These are sent with the letter from the Board advising students of their progression status or final award. However, if you require a copy of a transcript for your studies please contact your Programme Office.

Student Support Officers

Your Student Support Officer is based in the Faculty and is available throughout the year to provide advice and guidance on various aspects of University life, please see the link below:

Student Support Officers

Suspension/Withdrawal from studies

If for any reason you would like to temporarily suspend your studies, or would like to formally withdraw from the programme, please contact the Programme Leader. You will need to confirm your intention to suspend or withdraw in writing (by letter or e-mail), and complete a short, electronic declaration form before your request can be officially implemented. You can request to suspend for one full academic term or one full academic year at a time.

If you decide to suspend your studies mid-term you will be expected to return at the same point the following academic year. If you return earlier additional fees will be charged.

We would advise you to check out the financial implications before requesting a suspension/withdrawal as you may not be entitled to any fee reductions.

All students will need to formally notify the university of their withdrawal – students who leave without formally withdrawing may continue to be billed for fees and/or referred to the Credit Control Team for recovery of such fees, which may incur additional cost to you.

Further information can be found at: